Granite tile is a natural stone tile that will be a luxurious addition to your home in the greater Woodbridge, VA area. It’s also one of our favorites at Floor Coverings International Woodbridge and it has many great benefits design to offer. It can also be installed in many different parts of your home and is relatively simple to care for. Learn more about it from our flooring experts below!
What is Granite?
Granite is a type of indigenous rock that forms after magma cools and hardens. Granite comes in a variety of colors, tones, and hues giving you a variety of design options to choose from, including pinks, greys, and whites. The stone is naturally flecked with quartz crystals that add depth and variation to each tile. It’s also a dense stone that’s very strong when cut into a slab or tile and provides an incredibly tough surface that can withstand heavy foot traffic.
Thanks to its durability, granite tile can be installed almost anywhere in your home as flooring, countertops, backsplashes, or shower walls. When used as a tile, you can significantly reduce the cost of materials and installation as opposed to ordering large granite slabs. To achieve that more seamless look, consider having the grout you choose stained and treated to more closely match the color of your tile. Granite is also strong enough for commercial applications and is commonly found in public buildings and at national monuments.
In your home, you’ll love granite’s ability to keep your floors at a moderate temperature. It’s naturally porous and will trap cooler air and provide you with a cool surface to walk on in the warmer months of the year. While this might make it a bit chilly in the winter, know that you can also have granite installed over radiant heating for that extra touch of comfort.
- Granite is considered to be a high-end material and is known to increase the value of your home when installed as a countertop or flooring.
- When properly sealed, it’s impervious to water and requires routine sweeping and occasional mopping to keep it clean.
- Cut granite tile is often less expensive than granite slabs, giving you more flexibility in your budget and applications.
- It can be trickier to install due to its weight and shouldn’t be a DIY project.
- It is a more expensive tile option than other materials with similar durabilities, such as porcelain tile.
- Caution should be used with granite tile floors in bathrooms as they can become slippery when wet.
Find the Perfect Granite for Your Home
Floor Coverings International Woodbridge is ready to help you find the right granite tile for your next home project. Schedule your free in-home design consultation and estimate today and we’ll bring our mobile showroom and our hundreds of flooring samples right to your door! We proudly serve the greater Woodbridge, Manassas, Dale City, Lake Ridge, and surrounding areas.
You might also enjoy:
- Marble Tile in Manassas Homes
- Slate Tile Flooring
- Ceramic vs. Porcelain Tile: What Makes Them Different?
- Infographic: Tile Designs for Your Bathroom Remodel